BDE Tipps and Tricks
On this page you will find all known problems related with BDE database engine.
BDE Error 2501
Error message: Exception EDBEngineError in module Prdncsrv.exe at "00205166" An error occurred while attempting to initialize the Borland Database Engine (error $2501)
Possible cause: When this error occurs it is possible you don't have enough space available.
- Control Panel > Open BDE Administrator
- At the left tabs select the configuration tab
- Here select the subitem System > INIT
- In the right view, increase the SHAREDMEMSIZE value from 2048 to 4096.
- Confirm the change with ENTER. For safety, click with the mouse in another field to force the PDC administrator to recognize the change.
- When you close the BDA Administrator, you will be prompted to accept the changes. Confirm this with Yes.