Activating the Automation Server
To start and use the Automation Server, a license needs to be purchased and installed on the CodeMeter license key
The Automation Server is not automatically activated in a ProfDia installation because using this function can be dangerous if it is used without proper knowledge about the functionality and the necessary precautions for save usage.
Before activating the function the system should be completely configured and tested in manual operation. Then the customer should be informed about the functionality of the Automation Server option and the necessary precaution for save operation in compliance with the appropriate safety regulations in the target country.
To activate the option the following steps have to be carried out:
- Double click the Automation Server Shortcut to start the Automation Server program
- During program start the Automation Server displays a warning message. Make sure the machine is ready for automated operation and then confirm the message.
- To start a program in automated operation follow these steps:
- Clamp the tool in the correct angular position on the machine (in the same way as for manual operation)
- Specify the correct length information for the clamped tool in the ProfDia main window (in the same way as for manual operation)
- Copy the project id for the associated ProfDia program out of the column "Drawing number" in the ProfDia Database (using key function "CTRL+C")
- Paste the project id in the input field next to the button "Start this project" in the Automation Server window (using key function "CTRL+V")
- Press the button "Start this